Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sweet & Spicy Chicken Stir-Fry

If you are looking for a healthy recipe with an awesome "kick" to it, you've got to try this!  Before settling on the ingredients I used for this dish, I was determined to make a recipe that called for fish sauce.  Since I tried several grocery stores in the area and couldn't find anything even slightly resembling fish sauce, I gave up on it.  I'm glad I did because this stuff is amazing!
Serves 2

Ingredients:
1 large chicken breast (browned and cut into 1/2 inch chunks)
2 cups of assorted peppers
1/2 cup onion cut into chunks
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp low sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp Mae Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce
Rice or noodles (optional)

Directions:
1. In a medium skillet, brown the chicken breast pieces and set aside.  
2. In another medium skillet, saute peppers and onions in olive oil for about 5 minutes or until soft.
3. Add the soy sauce and stir until peppers and onions are coated.
4. Add the chicken to the medium skillet and add the sweet chili sauce.
5. Stir until all ingredients are incorporated and serve over warm rice or noodles.




No comments:

Post a Comment