Sunday, January 15, 2012

Citrus Salt Scrub



 I made this Salt Scrub the other day after finding it on Paula Deen's site.  I didn't like the final result, so I changed it just enough to exfoliate yet moisturize. 


Prep Time: 5 min
Difficulty: Easy
 
1/2 cup sea salt
1/4 cup sweet almond oil
(can substitute light olive oil or vegetable oil)


- Mix together well before adding the final 2 ingredients -

1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon orange zest 


This makes about 4 baby food jars. The scent is light, but I love it because it's very natural. I tend to like it with more zest. When working with salt you can't add any water-based ingredients because the salt will dissolve, so make sure you don't use any lemon or orange juice.



I designed the labels and slapped them on old baby food jars.  They worked perfect for gifts!!


No comments:

Post a Comment